Friday, February 10, 2012

Finally Caught Up, Just In Time For A Hard One

So, the past few days I've been blogging about the 30 Day Drawing Challenge, looking at other people's works, beleaguering myself with the choices for each day's challenge (oh, such problems I have!). One of my fellow participants, artist Megan Mars, hasn't been posting to the same group I have, but has just been posting it to her Fan Page. When she posted her most recent entry, it occurred to me that I hadn't actually checked to see if we were using the same list. As it turns out, we weren't. So since I believe I used her list for my very first post (and it shares the first few challenges in common), I suppose I should post the list that I am actually going from myself.


I was a couple days behind, but I think I've caught up. Yesterday, I managed to finish and post Day 8, Favorite Animated Character. I have loved Looney Tunes' Wile E. Coyote since long before I ever moved to the Southwestern Desert. Having built almost my entire preconceived knowledge base of the desert on watching Wile E. and Road Runner, I have to say, living here now, I got it pretty much correct.


Day 9 was "Favorite TV Show", which is another thing that changes every few years. Some runners-up included "Supernatural", "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", and "The X-Files", but as far as the TV show that I currently can't wait to see in my Tevo lineup each week, I had to go with the BBC/SyFy Channel series, "Merlin". It's a true escape from real life, present day, and, well, historical or literary accuracy. I think it's really sweet.

Plus, I got to pretty much make up the sword from thin air--Excalibur hasn't really made much of an appearance on the show yet. This drawing was all in graphite except for his blue eyes, which were colored pencil.
Day 10 was "Favorite Candy" and that was pretty easy. According to my Dad, my first word wasn't "Mama" or "Daddy", but "emmanem".


I only drew one, 'cos I'm on a diet. But the red ones are the best.

Today is Day 11, and the challenge is "Turning point in your life." I've had quite a few turning points, so that will require some thought. I guess you will just have to wait and find out.

4 comments:

JuliaPeculiar said...

I love these type of challenges,never done one myself,but love to see all the different things people come up with. Fab drawings,I love the m&m and your Wile E Coyote is groovy! Funnily enough, Merlin is just the type of thing I like,but I've never watched an episode. Don't really know why.

Patience said...

Greetings, Julie -- and wow, what a fun Challenge! It's a great concept, and I'm enjoying seeing what you've come up with in response to the prompt list. I myself really love this sort of thing -- am even participating in a little art blog Challenge myself this month, called '29 Faces' (-- a face for every day in February). Whew, it's been quite the exercise in discipline and time management for me to paint, and then post about it, daily -- but, so far so good I'm glad to say! In any case, much luck to you in your challenge -- a good third of the way through it by now!

Cheers,

--Patience
http://art-of-patience.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments, Julia and Patience! So nice to have someone reading!

Julia, you should give Merlin a chance if you can--I never saw the first season, so I don't even really get where it started in the storyline. I find it to be pretty charming, the story, the scenery, and the writing. Also, you should join up with this challenge! Everyone started in a different place! There's people in there who are almost finished, and people who've just started! I forgot to put the link in this post, but it's probably in the previous one.

Patience, I saw your '29 Faces' Challenge on your blog! I mentioned it in the post before this one, I believe. It sounded like the sort of challenge I would have really enjoyed if I hadn't just started this one! Love seeing your faces though!

Patience said...

Thanks Julie -- and I see you did mention the Faces Challenge in your previous entry :-). Well glad to hear I'm not the only one who enjoys Challenges so much -- another artist after my own heart...! ;-)